20 ounces sea scallops
salt and pepper
2 teaspoons butter
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 garlic cloves minced
6 ounces baby spinach washed and dried
Juice from fresh lemon
1. Pat sea scallops dry with a paper towel.
2. Lightly sprinkle scallops with salt and pepper on the top and bottom.
3. Heat 1 teaspoon of butter in a large pan over medium heat.
4. Carefully place half the scallops in the pan and allow them to cook, untouched, for about 2-3 minutes on each side or until the side touching the pan is lightly browned and has a light brown crust. The sides will be opaque when done.
5. Remove scallops to a plate and keep warm.
6. Add 1 teaspoon of butter to the pan and repeat process with remaining scallops.
7. Add olive oil to pan and swirl to coat.
8. Add garlic and spinach to the pan and turn in pan for 1-2 minutes until wilted.
9. Serve scallops over spinach. Squeeze fresh lemon over the top.
Recipe courtesy of Margory Pilley